Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Does This Mean?

Maybe somebody can help me. I've had this business card in my wallet for about five years, and I still don't know what it means. I found it one night in NW Portland, tacked to a wall in the midst of other actual business cards (I say actual only because I don't think this is a business, but I could be wrong). Every time I look at it I can't help but start laughing, it's just that absurd. Or rather, "Better than Absurd".



After doing some research on "Lambertism" I think I know what it's all about. The business card, that is.
Lambertism is a kind of visual poetry that makes absolutely no sense. And that is the point: sheer nonsense.
I think I like it.

So the question is, do I send something to the P.O. Box on the card? Should I get my own P.O. Box so this madman can't stalk me? Should I start writing my own Lambertism poetry?

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kit Kat said...

Stay tuned I will.....that made me laugh my ass off. I want to create a card like that. I think I'm going to have one that read "300+ watts of Kat, worth every mile!"

Lindsay Heneage said...

I just now realized that they misspelled delicious as "Delicous". That's kind of funny too.